12/15/2009

Death and I


















I've been so distant from death all my life.
It really all started with my estranged grandfather. My sister and I cried like BABIES at that memorial. Then an old family friend dies. One whom I looked up to and really appreciated in all his aspects. I never took the final chance to go see him and I regret it. The first death to have any real close identity was my cat Frankkitty; or Frank; or Franc Kittah (French Accent). He was like a best friend. I miss him like hell every so often but he's not a weight on me.
Now I've lost a co-worker, and not a very close one at that. I really liked the guy but I'm not able to relate as closely as most of the people I work with. It's sad, but not a lose.

So I've realized that Death and I are only beginning a relationship. I can't imagine the people that go to home base with Death.

The fear of Death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time. ~Mark Twain

PS: surprises on New Years
New Job
scary children novels
Rocco's Murals (possibly)
HotBox Tent out back
and
Snark Out

No comments: