10/23/2008

Fer Serious...

So tonight I'm going to just sit back and relax because tomorrow is really gonna test me.

I have Creative Writing from 9:00am to 12:00pm in which I'm going to be presenting and workshopping multiple poems and scripts. I offered to be the center of the workshop not knowing what kind of day I had ahead of me. So immediately after that I'll be heading to Ben's to walk a great distance to an auto-dismantling depot for his art project. Here's his artist statement:

Artist statement as of 10/18:

This is an investigation of texture and fabrication with automotive vehicle parts. Keeping in mind the ecological and green means of acquiring such parts, a performance aspect is added to this piece to further contest the Americanized consumption of petroleum and the pollution caused. The limits of our endurance will be tested, as the walk to the closest car dismantling agency is 10 miles. These parts will be wrapped in potato sack burlap, and taken back to San Francisco via the 80 Golden Gate Transit bus.

The performance will be videotaped and edited until fit; and the car parts will be part of an installation/sculpture also revolving around the use of:

-non conventional means of creation and building (i.e., no contemporary tools of any sort)
-abstract form without false representation
-a hands on study of working, affixing, mixing, filtering, and burning of common automotive fluids (gasoline, battery acid, grease, windshield wiper fluid, etc) onto the fragmented car parts.
  • NOTE: Public gasoline may in fact be stolen from neighboring SUV's, but this is not a must, as we don't want to go to jail.
And not only that but I am also playing a show as The Loners Club at Chop's Teen Center around 7:00pm or 8:00pm in which I have a full set rather than the lobby show at the Phoenix.

So yea... wish me luck or something similiar, it's gonna be nuts.


PS: Other than that, I'm going to spliff it up and listen to "Dopesmoker", the epic 1 hour and 3 minute song by Sleep. G'night!

No comments: