11/22/2010

The Walking Dead

I can't say much about the comic book series, I only read the first couple volumes. The pacing was not as exciting as it should have been but it's hard enough to create tension and suspense in a comic book as it is. Other than fun zombie killings it was basically a wierd soap opera.




But AMC's adaptation is about as endearing and engaging as any television show I've ever seen. While most critics claim it has a deeper base than most zombie-related media the show still lives up to its gorefest (as shocking as it is for television). The drama, which was inevitable because of what goes on in the graphic novel, is consistant but much more real and powerful because the characters are live actors (and good ones at that) and not just drawings and font.













I can say I'm thoroughly impressed and can't wait to see more!

No comments: