11/13/2010

Dear Whole Foods,

I'm glad to see us part ways. Through the years you have helped me do most of the things I want and gave me a great way to start my young adulthood. I worked with some amazing people and made some long-time friends along the way.
Until I came to the downtown Portland store.

You are the most backwards, hypocritical, low-life scum, customer dick-sucking, garbage of a store I honostly hope you all get what's coming to you. But the fact of the matter is you are getting what's coming to you. You work at a grocery store. You will all be there forever, so comfortable with being pushed around and having to play grab-ass with every asshole customer with twenty dollar bills shoved up their ass. That's right, I'm so fed up I used 'ass' three times in a sentence.

The point is that I needed to get out one way or another. I've got better things to do. I have talents and charisma that can be used in better places for a longer period of time. I've wasted so many hours and days and stress on a completely and utterly fucked up existence.

So what I'm trying to say is, thank you. Thank you for getting me out of that funk. Thank you for helping me rid my life of the only thing keeping me down and holding me back from my passions and my real callings in life.


I hope there's no hard feelings (except my own) and good luck in your pathetic lives. You, and everyone who shops there, will ultimately die and the only thing you'll have left behind is organic entrails.


Your freed and happy slave,

Joseph Theron Estes


PS: suck it.


1 comment:

Jellyfish! said...

I miss working with you! You are interesting and you didn't take things so seriously, different from others (diversity is a good thing). I think working at a GROCERY STORE should be fun and silly, not the austere task others make it out to be. It's a simple/mindless job... Anyone can do it, really. Anyways Joseph, it was a pleasure, thank you!