5/02/2008

Mexican Labor Day



















Today was swell.
Woke up and did a couple of things before heading to the JC for another Florence meeting, which I didn't actually have to go to. Then stuck around the high school to see some chums and catch up with a couple of teachers. I had heard there was a big campus walk-off and a 'Labor Day' march downtown. I decided to check it out as I picked up some tickets for Iron Man (which by the way ruled).






















Across the street from the Roxy was an anti-Illegal Immigrant picket line filled with the biggest morons Santa Rosa has to offer. Some of the things they were shouting were so uneducated and down right wrong. Scratch that.. ALL of the things they were saying.
















I stood there in awe of their customized flags with images of snakes on them saying "Don't Tread on Me" and signs that said "California Border Minutemen". It was all very confusing. Until the giant march of Latinos and Mexicans came down the street and pulverized them in sheer numbers. It was invigorating. Most of the marchers were very young. I couldn't tell from all the noise the marchers were making if the anti-bitches were still shouting or if they had stopped (which they probably didn't seeing that they don't know when they've been beaten).

















After the march had moved on down the street most of the picketers left but the few that stayed had little to nothing to say. There was one woman who kept shouting things like "Hire American Workers" and "Speak English" to which I shouted back "Be more specific" and "ORALE". It was fun egging her on till her voice started to give out.















Then this really fanatic guy came up to us and tried to start some debate which ended with him leaving and us sitting there stupefied by what he was trying to convince us of. He tried to talk about that terribly Liberal thing to say "Big Multi-National Corporation". I couldn't take him seriously and when I asked him to give an example of a "Big Multi-National Corporation" he stammered and changed the subject.























All in all it was super fun.
I hope Lilli posts some pictures.

g'night.

2 comments:

Jess3bunz said...

Wow. Thats all I have to say.

James said...

One thing I did NOT miss about America.

Dumb white Americans.